Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Getting the ball rolling...

So I'm finally really going to get my feet wet. This lake I'm jumping into is actually the deep, vast ocean. The way I feel about the ocean is the way I feel about technology...exciting and intriguing, yet mysterious and a bit scary. I'm not completely ignorant. Yet, I was a little intimidated signing up for a Twitter account. What's going on here?

I am really thankful to be taking a Technology for Educators course.  Otherwise, I fear I would have been left behind the fast-forward moving world of technology not only in the classroom, but in life in general.  I admit, it wasn't that long ago that I upgraded to a phone with a keyboard for texting! In the past, I couldn't justify spending the extra money for what would be "luxury" apps or gadgets for me and my lifestyle. Moving forward, I'm thinking I can see myself catching up, "teching up", so that technology + me = something sweet and natural. I'm seeing lots of possibilities and am excited about what my personal journey will do for my teaching.

No comments: